Burmistrova Larisa Fedorovna, Candidate of medical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rakhmatullov Fagim Kasymovich, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Sheina Alina Evgen'evna, Assistant, sub-department of internal diseases, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org@mail.ru
Shorina Anna Yur'evna, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Burmistrov Maksim Evgen'evich, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Heart rhythm disturbances are currently in the spotlight, as they constitute one of the key positions among cardiovascular diseases, which ultimately can lead to the development of cardiovascular catastrophes, disability and patient death. The detection of senile asthenia syndrome, especially in combination with atrial fibrillation in elderly and senile patients, is very important for the timely administration of drug therapy, including antithrombotic, which prevents the development of complications and other adverse outcomes in this category of patients. The purpose of this work is to study the timely appointment of antithrombotic therapy in order to prevent adverse outcomes in patients with atrial fibrillation in combination with senile asthenia syndrome.
Materials and methods. The study was retrospective and included 150 patients hospitalized in the cardiology unit of G. A. Zakharyin Clinical Hospital No. 6 in 2017–2019. All patients underwent the following diagnostic methods: “Age is not a hindrance” questionnaire, CHA2DS2-VASc and HAS-BLED prediction scales, echocardiography.
Results. According to a retrospective analysis of hospitalized patients with atrial fibrillation and senile asthenia syndrome by age groups, the following was revealed: after assessing the risk of thromboembolic complications in patients with atrial fibrillation according to the CHA2DS2-VAS scale, all hospitalized patients were prescribed anticoagulant therapy; 21.1 % of patients had already received anticoagulant therapy at the prehospital stage; the risk of bleeding, assessed according to the HASBLED scale, in 115 patients (76.7 %) ranged from 3 points or more.
Conclusions. Thus, in the course of the study, it was found that senile asthenia syndrome is not a contraindication to the appointment of antiplatelet therapy in elderly patients with atrial fibrillation. This will increase life expectancy and improve the quality of life of the said patients.
geriatrics, elderly and senile age, geriatric patients, senile asthenia syndrome, cardiac arrhythmias and conduction disorders, atrial fibrillation, anticoagulant therapy, quality of life
1. Kotovskaya Yu. V., Tkacheva O. N., Runikhina N. K., Ostapenko V. S. Kardiovaskulyarnaya terapiya i profilaktika [Cardiovascular therapy and prophylaxis]. 2017, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 87–96.
2. Lazebnik L. B., Vertkin A. L., Konev Yu. V. Natsional'noe rukovodstvo [National guidelines]. Moscow: Eksmo, 2014, 320 p.
3. Benetos A., Bulpitt C. J., Petrovic M. et al. Hypertension. 2016, vol. 65 (5), pp. 820–825.
4. Zão A., Magalhães S., Santos M. Portuguese journal of cardiology: an official journal of the Portuguese Society of Cardiology. 2019, vol. 38, iss. 2, pp. 143–158.
5. D'yachkov V. A., Rubanenko A. O., Shchukin Yu. V. Kardiologiya [Cardiology]. 2018, vol. 6, no. 2 (17), pp. 38–47.
6. Miller O. N., Belyakov F. I. Rossiyskiy kardiologicheskiy zhurnal [Russian cardiological journal]. 2013, no. 4, pp. 94–95.
7. Itkin D. A., Moiseeva Yu. N., Libov I. A. Rossiyskiy kardiologicheskiy zhurnal [Russian cardiological journal]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 115–121.
8. Ushkalova E. A., Zyryanov S. K., Dumchenko E. V. Ratsional'naya farmakoterapiya v kardiologii [Rational pharmacology in cardiology]. 2017, no. 13 (2), pp. 275–284.
9. Professional'nye assotsiatsii: Rossiyskaya assotsiatsiya gerontologov i geriat-rov. Starcheskaya asteniya: klinicheskie rekomendatsii [Professional associations: the Russian Association of Gerontologists and Geriatricians. Senile asthenia: clinical guidelines]. Moscow, 2018.
10. Lishnevskaya V. Yu. Novosti meditsiny i farmatsii. Kardiologiya [Bulletin of medicine and pharmacy. Cardiology]. 2009, no. 305.
11. Lyusov V. A., Kolpakov E. V. Aritmii serdtsa: terapevticheskie i khirurgicheskie aspekty [Cardiac arrhythmias: therapeutic and surgical apsects]. Moscow: GEOTARMedia, 2009, pp. 142–157.
12. Fibrillyatsiya i trepetanie predserdiy: klinicheskie rekomendatsii MZ RF (utv. v 2017 g.) [Atrial fibrillation and flutter: clinical guidelines of the Russian Ministry of Healthcare (approved in 2017)].